BleachKitty Games Projects
The Sims 4 is the fourth base game in The Sims franchise, one of the most popular franchises in gaming history. It adds emotions, true multi-tasking, some incredible creative tools, and much more. Check out the official site for details.
I was the lead AI programmer on this project. I built all of the AI and behaviors for the Sims. I also built the relationship system and a generic commodity system that was used for nearly all gameplay values.
My specific duties included:
- Served as Lead AI Programmer, leading a small AI team & mentoring more junior engineers.
- Provided technical guidance & leadership for all things related to Sim behavior.
- Wrote the core AI system from the ground up, including all interaction scoring functions
- Built the relationships system from the ground up.
- Created a highly efficient, unified Sim statistic system for handling skills, motives,
relationships, food spoilage, and anything else that needed a statistic assigned to it.
- Built a system for managing all NPCs in the game, including searching for NPCs based on
filters, creating new NPCs based on templates, managing the lifetime of NPCs, and culling
unneeded NPCs to save space.
- Worked hand in hand with designers to design and build NPC behaviors.