The Sims Medieval is a stand-alone game based on the tech from The Sims 3. It is a medieval fantasy simulation game where you play as a hero who goes on quests, collects treasure, and lives in a medieval kingdom. It takes the open world simulation game of The Sims 3 and adds a whole new layer of quests and jobs.
My specific duties were:
- Worked on AI systems.
- Helped take the open, sandbox game of Sims 3 and allow Sims to be controlled by designers
for quests, work, etc. while still retaining the look & feel of a sandbox game.
- Worked on system for balancing the number of NPCs in the world by bringing in new sims
and pushing out old ones as needed.
- Worked on a number of new sleep & bed features.
- Wrote several new traits.
- Worked on the Sim creation & destruction code and the glue between the C++ engine code
and the C# gameplay code.
- Helped optimize the AI code.